Your Brother's Keeper Food Pantry
Our Pantry's Mission
The mission of the Your Brother's Keeper' Food Pantry is to eliminate hunger in our community and surrounding areas for veterans by acquiring and distributing food to those who seek aid. We will accomplish this mission by educating, empowering, and enlightening the veterans about the issues of hunger, nutrition, and the effects it has on their ability to become reintegrated back into the community.
We envision a community in which our veterans have access to sufficient and nutritious food.
- We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic human right.
- We are committed to responding to the needs of our veterans through food distribution and support services. Therefore: We value respect, compassion, and honesty in all interactions and activities.
- We value active listening and learning; appreciating the worth and diversity of each person.
- We value nutrition education and advocacy programs that lead towards self-sufficiency and sustainable food systems.
- We value the wise use of resources, creating new ways to improve our services, and effectively utilizing community support that sustains our work.
- We value our staff and volunteers and their diverse talents, background, passions, and commitment to the community.
- We value excellence in leadership. Our role in the community is to be servant leaders and partners for social change. We value creativity, the pursuit of knowledge, and the sharing of expertise those results in social justice.